Best Love Idioms


1. Catch someone's eye = to be attractive to someone.۔
E.g. The shy man at the back of the class caught my eye.

2. To fancy someone (British English) = to find someone attractive
E.g. My friend fancies you!

3. To have a crush on someone = to only be able to think about one person
E.g. When I was at school, I had a crush on a film star.

4. To have a soft spot for someone = to have a weakness for someone
E.g. She has a soft spot for Richard – he can do anything!

5. To be smitten by someone = to be in love with someone
E.g. I first met him at a party and from that evening on, I was smitten.

6. To fall head over heels for someone = to completely fall in love
E.g. He fell head over heels for her.

7. To be the love of someone's life = to be loved by a person
E.g. He has always been the love of her life.

Post a Comment

0 Comments